The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) have issued a leaflet explaining the law to hobby flyers, safety is paramount so it's great to see them being proactive here.
Safe Drone Flight
- If you intend to use an unmanned aircraft for any kind of commercial activity, you must get a Permission for Aerial Work from the CAA, or face risk of prosecution.
- It is illegal to fly your unmanned aircraft within 150m of a congested area, such as the street, or over towns and cities (that means your garden too!)
- Don't fly over groups of people, or within 50m of a person, vehicle, building or structure.
- No higher than 400ft and must remain in line of sight at all times.
- Consider privacy laws, use common sense and fly safely.